Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Long, Interesting Journey


Five years ago, a seventeen year old boy climbed the memorial steps and knew that Tufts University was the place that he would spend the next four years of his life. It had been a long trip, a flight from Iowa to Chicago, and then onto Boston. A long walk from the T because he knew nothing yet of the shuttle running every thirty minutes straight to Tufts, and of course did not know the shortcut that would have cut at least minutes off of the trip. He went on to visit ten more schools from New York to California with stops in the middle. However, come April, he knew, once the acceptance from Tufts came, where he would attend...

As I find myself reflecting on the time between when I first stepped on campus and now, as a I sit in the admissions office, a senior intern, on the complete opposite side I stood as a senior in high school, I realize that my time here has flown by. Choosing during the middle of sopomore year to double major in Political Science and Economics seems like yesterday. Choosing to take a chance and invest more of my time in the Tufts Christian Fellowship seems like just last week. There have been tough times, there have been great times, and I have learned more than I ever expected...

Through this blog, I hope to be able to give you, the prospective student, a view into at least one of the many lives lived here in Medford/Somerville at Tufts University. Feel free to post comments, ask questions, and let us know what you all want to know about. Good luck in your college search!

No comments: