Monday, October 29, 2007

Let's get this started...

Welcome to Mumbo Jumbo!

My name is Katie Winter and I'm a senior at Tufts double majoring in English and American Studies. I'm originally from the small town of Hershey, PA--site of the world's largest chocolate factory! I applied Early Decision I to Tufts and it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

This year, I am one of four Senior Admissions interns at Bendetson Hall. I was the Tour Guide Co-Coordinator my junior year and I've worked at Admissions during the past two summers. Over the years, I've served as a tour guide, Overnight Visit Coordinator, and April Open House Executive Board member.

In addition to my work at Admissions, I'm currently writing a Senior Honors Thesis on the representation of the Japanese American internment experience in children's books. I had an internship at the Boston Children's Museum and studied abroad in Talloires, France. I write and perform in Major: Undecided, Tufts' only sketch comedy group, and I've been involved in Concert Board, Surf Club, and several community service organizations. This August, I served as an Executive Orientation Leader for incoming freshmen.

This blog is a new venture for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and we interns (Amy, Matt, Nate and myself) look forward to sharing our perspectives on all things Tufts.

No comments: