Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break!

Technically, Tufts' Spring Break began today, although students have been departing campus since Wednesday. My friends have jetted off to far-flung locales: Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, Florida, Montreal, Colorado, San Diego, and Morocco, to name a few destinations.

Members of the class of 2008 will graduate from Tufts in exactly 2 months and 3 days--so Spring Break really is a last hurrah before the "real world" sets in for us seniors!

Jocelyn, my housemate, recently joined the crew team as a coxswain, so she's sticking around Tufts for the majority of break to attend practices. Today, she went to the Museum of Fine Arts with her mom.

As for me, I'm also sticking around the not-so-tropical Medford, MA to finish writing my Senior Honors Thesis. It's currently a 102 page beast and growing. Several other seniors are suffering the same Spring Break fate, but at least we're plodding through it together!

My friend Erica, who's writing an English thesis on books for teenage girls (like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"), is joining me in my caffeination and procrastination. Hopefully, we'll be able to leave the library on Monday and celebrate St. Patrick's Day in proper Bostonian style!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance notifications will be sent BEFORE April 1st? That seems SO far away :)

Katie said...

Ha, I know the feeling! To the best of my knowledge, you'll still have to wait an anguishing two and a half weeks before you hear back from the Admissions Office.

From an intern's perspective: at Bendetson Hall, the admissions officers have just begun the committee decision process: 13 hour-long killer days for them! So I empathize with them as well.

Still, I'm not sure what's harder: waiting for college acceptance decisions or those 3 long summer months in between high school and college!

Best of luck to you as you count down the days...