Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I purchased my cap and gown at the Tufts bookstore today! I also received embossed graduation announcements and a brown and blue "08" tassel.

So, now, the pressure's fully on: I better graduate!

It's a pretty hectic time at Undergraduate Admissions right now, what with high school students beginning the college search process and admitted students still deciding among colleges.

But there's an even bigger change: Bendetson Hall has undergone a major renovation. For the past month, prospective students and their families have gone to Dowling Hall, the Student Services building, for information sessions and tours. As of this week, we are once again greeting visitors at Bendetson Hall!

Walls were knocked down and repainted and all of the old furniture was replaced. Gone are the chairs with the elephant-print fabric. In their place, swanky (and super comfortable) chairs and settees in muted tones of brown and blue have taken over the lobby. The new interior design accommodates more visitors and enables them to have discreet conversation clusters.

We hope you enjoy the new and improved Bendetson!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

for those of us who are wait-listees..what do we need to do? it says that we need to send stuff in WRITING, but i'm wondering if this is apart from the wait-list form we're supposed to fax or mail in.

Katie said...

Hmmm...you've stumped me! I'd recommend that you call the general Admissions phone number tomorrow between 9 am and 5 pm to inquire.

Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Eastern time?

Katie said...

Sorry about that! Yes, EST. (I worked in the Admissions phone room the past two summers.)

Anonymous said...

I think I recognize you as my tour guide from this summer. I fell in love with Tufts that trip and luckily I was accepted! In the excitement of this week I've been perusing the website, started reading this blog and thought you looked familiar. Just a general hello and very belated thank-you for the tour that sold me!

Katie said...

Eva, congratulations on your acceptance! I hope you seriously consider joining the Class of 2012.

GO JUMBOS!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did the stone elephant tables and chairs from outside Bendetson go? They're missing from that photo...

Mark said...

Just finished watching your episode of College Jeopardy and decided to find out exactly where Tufts is located (familiar with the university, just not its location). "Motzart"? One ought not be allowed to win a game of Jeopardy with such atrocious spelling. JK. Anyway, I was rooting for you but I'm not sure if $9800 is going to be enough to advance to the semi-finals. Good luck and congrats of your impending graduation.

Speaking of.... the weather in So Cal is pretty nice.
https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?SID=^rzNVOHfMHkdM/IlImYlTxNc0XnyOEQ7ul0BLJZFdIF9Bg4B6wyNZEYJQyVbMj7J4b5YPORUA19qy_C_R__L_F_FFZS1lK88O_slp_rhc_S46naTDbv/2YIKDRHMYY=&jobId=650149&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5271&JobSiteInfo=650149_5271&GQId=0

Anonymous said...

has all the wait-list stuff come out yet?

College Research Paper said...

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others.

Undergraduate Research Paper said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.